Thursday, November 17, 2016

Mermaid 4 square

Is anyone thinking about handcrafting Christmas gifts this year?
Well, I'm here today to bring you an idea that any little girl will love!

Believe



Starting with an Off the Page 4 square project I decided that I wanted to create something that not only would I love but hopefully a little someone will enjoy it too.

I didn't want to use a heap of colouring or medium products, however it didn't quite turn out that way. Please refer to the bottom photo. 
I did want to make sure that the colouring techniques of the chipboard were all pretty much easy and the same though so you can create this at home yourself or a little crafter can do it themselves maybe.

The frame has been coated with White Gesso and sprinkled with "rock candy" glitter.
The Mermaid too was covered with gesso, but then I sprayed here with a couple of pink mists and edged her lightly with a pink Gelato.



The multi colour fish background paper is perfect to give the illusion of an Under the Sea backdrop.

All of the other chipboard pieces have been coloured using Alcohol inks.
*I actually pulled out my nice new Distress Crayons, then panicked and put them away. I shall have to learn more about them first before I share that adventure with you.
Many of these colours I have never used before. Of course you have seen the Silver quite a bit and few dashes of Gold in my projects, but the rest were just opened for the first time although I've owned them for many years. Oops!


The finishing touches were lots of fun to attach. Using just a hot glue gun, I placed the Seashells just so and even managed to get the right effect with the Flower Soft and Fluff products to look like coral or seaweed.




Memory Maze products used;

No comments:

Post a Comment