Saturday, January 9, 2016

Marvel themed Altered Mouse Trap


About a week or so ago, Hunter and I were doing our usual Pinterest searching for cool ideas that we would like to try.. During our search, he found some Altered Mouse Traps that he though was pretty awesome.. Thankfully his Dad works at a Hardware store, so we were able to jump into the car and see Daddy at work while picking up some crafting materials.. lol..
 
Unfortunately when we got home it didn't take long for Hunter to fall asleep and have an afternoon nap.. But I stuck to the plans of making a Mouse Trap and made one especially just for him using his Marvel papers and Iron Man as inspiration..
(but don't worry, we still have two more that he can make and help with!)
 
 
I started off by applying Gesso to the base.. Then to cover any imperfections, I sprayed lightly with a yellow mist, heavily with a Red mist and finished off once dry with a Black mist..
 
I started off by applying Gesso to the base.. Then to cover any imperfections, I sprayed lightly with a yellow mist, heavily with a Red mist and finished off once dry with a Black mist..
 
I tore a small strip of leftover Marvel paper and stuck to the base on the right top side.. 
The chipboard Fence Wire piece was coated with some Gesso, dried then coloured with a Yellow ink pad.. The Hot Glue Gun came out to play!! :)
I couldn't seem to cover the "H" chipboard piece as solid black as I really wanted, so I pulled out a re-inker bottle and used that directly onto the piece, then used a paint brush to spread and smooth it over.. The black beads and metal embellishment clusters were added and the small Marvel squares at the bottom  finished off this project nicely..
 

Don't forget to cover to the back too!
 

Hunter LOVED his special creation when he woke up.. He is very excited to get started on making one himself now too.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment