Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A quick make for time poor scrappers

Welcome back, Welcome back...
To all of my crafty friends that have been sending their wishes and prayers lately to myself and my family and my whole community during the time of the Cat5 Cyclone, I thank you all very much from the bottom of my heart!
There were some scary moments, but we've all managed to come out the other side alive and unharmed.. We have sustained some damage, but nothing major to our house / shed.. However our yard full of truly beautiful big trees have been demolished.. It looks very bare!
 
Anyway, during this situation my post for the Memory Maze team was approaching very quickly.. I didn't have much time to be creative lately as the clean up and recovery comes first..
However last night I sat down to my table fairly late and started on my make..
I was totally overwhelmed with TOO MUCH supplies and TOO MANY ideas!
 
So I emptied my desk and started from scratch..
 
In this post I am going to share with you the 5 very simple steps it took to create this quick layout.. It's perfect for time poor crafters, beginners or advanced scrappers that need a back to basics project to "reset" their lacking mojo..
OR this would be great at your next crop or retreat session..
 
1. Splatter the base cardstock with mist or paint.
*I used a paint brush dipped in Red mist
 
2. Cut up your chosen MM chippie design, paint / colour it.*I used Tim Holtz BLACK crackle paint and Dimentional Magic over the top.
 
3. Place MM chippie in positions so they will pop out from under your photos. *Best to have a play with the photos and the chipboard before you actually stick these down. I used glue. Also, remember to wait until it's all dry until you place anything to minimise smudges!
 
 
4. Stick down photos. (use an Acetate overlay also if you wish) *I used a cute Kaiser film strip set overlay of my photos. I love this effect!
 
The photos feature my big boy Lane playing AFL for the U13's Yeppoon Swans in the finals.. Yes, they are the 2014 Grand Final Champions!
 
 
5. Complete your layout with other embellishments as you wish.. (Additional MM chipboards / flowers / bling / title / journaling)
*I heat embossed an AFL ball MM chippie..
 
 
Easy - DONE in under 1 hour! :)
 
The Memory Maze chipboard I used were from my very old stash.. However they do have loads of fun new designs that would look even better on your creations!!
 
Lastly, my post wouldn't be finished if I didn't share with you a photo of Hunter assisting with the creative process of this layout..
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.. Toni..
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment