Sunday, December 21, 2014

Lasting Memories - # 222

It is with some bittersweet feelings that I bring you my last DT make for the Lasting Memories layout challenge blog.. (For now anyway.. lol)
 
I have been a member of the LM DT since September 2012, so it's been over two years since I was asked to join some of the most beautiful, talented and down to earth crafting ladies I've ever not-actually-meet... lol..
They were a support system to me during several moments of "LIFE" throughout this time and for that, I am and will forever be so very grateful..
 
At the DT Call recently I chose not to reapply.. It was a deep soul search that was both heart wrenching and heart warming at the same time.. I love the time that I have spent as part of the DT, but I am so excited to open my spot up to someone else to gain experience and feel the love like I have!
 
I very much DO intend on still linking up and joining in the challenges in the future and would love for them to know I'd love to be considered for a Guest DT position sometime too!
I know that I wont stay away from the LM challenges for too long and who knows, after a few terms off I might even reapply... But that wont be for a while, so for now I want to focus on this weeks challenge...
 
#222 - Anything Goes with a Holiday theme
 
 
This stunning photo is of one of the teachers at Lane's school.. She is a great soul, religion teacher, assistant principal, friend to students and parents..
This photo was on a special slide displayed at the 6 & 7 Graduation party just a few weeks ago.. I asked for permission to use it for a page and here is the first one.. I very much intend to make a special canvas out of this photo also..  

 
I have used a Kaiser pattern paper for the base.. I misted and pasted to add dimension and texture.. I love the look of a traditional soft distressed red, white and green... I think it has a classical feel to it.. I added the Poinciana's and the cute little tags too..
 
Well, I feel that's a lovely page to showcase as my last DT make for the Lasting Memories challenge blog for now.. Thanks again for joining me on my adventure.. This was the only DT that I was currently on, so I look forward to some time without pressures and to just focus on the school holidays with my boys and hopefully squeeze in some time for to enter other challenges as I've been trying to more lately.. Toni.. xoxo 


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO Toni! It's been fabulous working with you on the team at LM - see you around the blogosphere :) Merry Christmas to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great page Toni! Love all the texture and dimension! I will miss seeing your work on a weekly basis. Take care! have an awesome 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet page Toni - love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You better pop in when you can!! We'll miss you but look fwd to seeing what's next for you. Thank you so much for everything Toni .. I'm honoured to have had you on our team!!

    Beautiful layout .. a true treasure!

    ReplyDelete